The UVA Student and Employee Health Wise Clinic is located in Cantrell Hall and includes a full-time FNP, full-time RN, and two full-time receptionists. It houses three examination rooms, a telemedicine room, and several medical staff and support staff offices.
Student college fees cover you to see a nurse practitioner or registered nurse at the Clinic. Lab work is through LABCORP, and the students will be responsible for any co-pays or deductibles.
For Faculty & Staff
Employees may also come to the clinic, which is a UVA preferred provider for Aetna. Insurance will be billed for employees.
Any questions regarding billing, please call Patient Financial services at 434-297-5416 or Human Resources in Wise.
UVA Student and Employee Health Wise Clinic services includes the following:
- Sports physicals
- Acute care
- Primary care
- Pap smears and women’s exams
- Lab work (through LabCorp)
- Prescription needs (narcotics or benzodiazepines will not be prescribed)
- Tele-med consultations (students are able to see specialists, including psychiatry, via telehealth. Insurance will be billed for this service)
- Consults with UVA physicians
- Flu vaccines
Clinic hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Last appointments and walk-ins are at 4:20.
Make an Appointment or Walk-In
Walk-in appointments are accepted if times are available.
To make appointments, please call 276-376-3475.
Please bring insurance cards to every visit as well as a list of all medications you are taking.