The University of Virginia’s College at Wise is a public, four-year residential liberal arts college located in the lush mountains of Southwest Virginia. As a COPLAC member institution, UVA Wise is nationally-accredited and has been nationally-ranked among top public liberal art colleges in the U.S.
- Athletics: South Atlantic Conference, NCAA Div II
- Financial aid assistance: 80%
- Founded: 1954
- Enrollment: 2,021
- Student-faculty ratio: 13:1
- Average class size: 15
- See more facts »
Having successfully completed E2020, the previous Strategic Plan of the University of Virginia’s College at Wise, Chancellor Henry and the senior staff are now turning their attention to developing a new strategic plan for UVA Wise. A cross-campus Strategic Planning Committee has been formed, and will collect data to identify the College’s current identity, evaluate strategic options for the future, and envision the future of UVA Wise.
What makes UVA Wise one of the best public liberal arts colleges in the nation?
- It’s our picturesque campus. UVA Wise sits on an expansive 396-acre campus nestled amid the Appalachian Mountains, where students can experience unique cultural flavor as well as the great outdoors.
- It’s our esteemed academics. While offering a variety of academic degrees, pre-professional programs, and teaching licensures, our top-10 liberal arts college maintains an impressive 13:1 student-faculty ratio.
- It’s our dedication to reducing student debt. Eighty percent of our students receive financial assistance, and 97 percent of our graduates are currently employed or seeking a higher degree.
- It’s our thriving student life. With more than 50 student organizations, spirited NCAA athletic programs, and near-daily campus events, our students have many opportunities to get involved, grow as individuals, and discover their passions.